9999 Bellaire Blvd. Suite 360
Houston, Texas 77036
Tel: 713-339-4200,1-800-281-7400
Fax: 713-339-4299, E-mail: info@linlawfirmusa.com

    E-2 Visa (Treaty Investors)
    L-1 Visa (Intra-company Managers)
    H-1 Visa (Speciality Occupation)
    H-2B Visa
    J-1 Visa (Exchange Scholars)
    O-1 Visa (Extraordinary Ability)
    K-1 Visa (Fiance)

   EB-1 (Extraordinary Ability/Outstanding Researcher/Professors)
    EB-1 (Managers)
    EB-5 Investor Immigration Resource Center **new**
    National Interest Waiver
    Labor Certification - PERM
    Schedule A Position - Physical Therapist
    Religious Immigration
& R-Visa
    Family Based Immigration

    DACA - Deferred Action EAD for Dreamers**new**
    Asylum Frequently Asked Questions

    Immigration Detention
    Bond Hearing With Immigration Court
    Immigration Bond
    Posting Bond and Condition of Release from Detention
    Removal Proceeding
    Expedited Removal
    Why Lin & Valdez LLP

Practice Note
Does Visa Revalidation Program affect you?

Since the State Department recently announced the end of its visa revalidation program, many have been confused about what this means.

If you do not plan to leave the United States, this change does not affect you. Specifically:

Who is not impacted: If you are in a work-authorized nonimmigrant category like H-1B or L-1 or others, or you are a spouse or child of someone in one of those categories, and you do not travel outside the United States, nothing has changed for you. When your current admission, as reflected on your I-94 card (either a white card you were given when you entered the U.S. or a slip of paper from the bottom of a Notice of Action you received from Citizenship & Immigration Services or Immigration & Naturalization Service) expires, you will apply to Citizenship & Immigration Services to have it extended, if you are eligible. You do not need to leave the United States to do this.

Who is impacted: If you are in one of the affected nonimmigrant classifications (C, E, H, I, L, O and P) and you travel outside the United States, you will no longer have the option, after July 16, 2004, of asking the State Department to renew your visa stamp here in the United States. Instead, you will have to go to a U.S. embassy or consulate outside the United States to get a new visa stamp.

Those nonimmigrants who routinely travel outside the United States should take special note of this change, and consult your attorney as to its impact.

Back to Practice Note Menu Back to Top

© 2018 Copyrights Lin & Valdez L.L.P. All Rights Reserved | Sitemap

  Case Status Online

  More ...

Approval Notices
  11/06/13 H-1, Approval
  11/02/13 Asylum, Granted by Court
  11/01/13 Bond for Release, Granted
  10/27/13 H-1, Approval
  10/19/13 Withholding of Removal, Granted by Court
  10/13/13 L-1A, Approval
  10/13/13 Bond for Release, Granted
  10/12/13 L-1A, Approval
  10/06/13 H-1B, APPROVAL
  09/20/13 K-1 FIANCE, APPROVAL

Processing Report
  California Service Center
  Nebraska Service Center
  Texas Service Center
  Vermont Service Center

Visa Bulletin
  Visa Bulletin for November 2013
  Visa Bulletin for October 2013